We are proud to announce our new branch in Midtown East Manhattan. Call or visit us today at:
Empire Tax Preparation Accountants Of Midtown East 221 445 Park Avenue 9th Floor New York, NY 10022 (212) 361-9560
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN CHOOSING A TAX PREPARE
Tax preparation is a really time consuming task. A recent survey by the National Small Business Association stipulates that on average of 50 percent of small businesses around United States take more than 40 hours to prepare their tax return. So if you are planning to do it by yourself than you are clearly digging yourself a hole. Though it’s quite tough job to find out a great tax preparer for yourself, do your best and pick to the best of your ability. To put you at easy we have discussed few criterion that you should consider when selecting the most suitable tax preparer for yourself.
- Start with the qualification: To find out whether your preparer is qualified for the job you’ll need to do some homework. As per the new regulation all paid tax preparers should have preparer tax identification number to submit any federal tax file. Any references of past work would be an added bonus while choosing the best tax preparer.
- Checkout the history: While choosing the tax preparer checkout if he/she have any filed complaints against them. There are some agencies who can provide you with relevant information on the tax preparer. Moreover you can always checkout with his/her profile online and see if there’s any negative reviews filed or not.
- Fee evaluation: There will always be some preparer who will claim to get you a higher percentage of refund than anyone else in the market or there will some who will try to charge you as per the percentage of your refund. Do try to avoid them and search for a professional who charges a fixed rate and promises you realistic expectations.
- Make sure your chosen tax preparer is available to contact through out the year.
- Never sign a blank tax form. There has been misconduct reported in past with blank tax papers signed. Avoid tax preparers who ask you to sign a blank tax paper.